Friday, February 12, 2010

Too Busy, Too Tired


I wish I had something insightful and meaningful to post. I'm tired. It's been a very busy week. I have been preparing for my next Sunday school lesson on the Abrahamic Covenant. I'm not sure I can fill 45 minutes on that. We aren't even discussing circumcision (a major token of the Abrahamic Covenant). I guess it isn't appropriate for 14-15 year olds...very personal...already self-conscious...not that I would ask...maybe it's just something they aren't supposed to visualize during class...or maybe someone may blurt out something hurtful about it. Who knows?

I can't get excited about the lesson. Maybe I just don't have the spirit with me this week. It's been tough emotionally. I have felt dark at times. Lack of sleep could be the major culprit. Yet, here I am at 10:30 p.m. writing. I really haven't been reaching out to Heavenly Father.

Last Sunday, my teaching companion taught about Noah. I had a few Yeah, right!'s going through my head. I should talk about it; that's what this blog is about. I won't, too little brain power. I just try to focus on what the message is and what I need to learn from it. This Old Testament stuff can be a testimony-breaker, though. I need this challenge; it's going to be really good for me, I know.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry it's been a rough week. You know I know how hard sleep deprivation is. It makes everything seem, for the most part, horrible. LOL

    I'm actually fascinated by the Abrahamic Covenant. Sands of the sea right? Just the whole promise-making/trust aspect of Abraham's relationship with God seems so gracious (?) I'm not sure if that's the right word.

    Good luck this week. Try to get some sleep and just let the Spirit do the talking ;)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! I hope the coming week brings energy and a break. (I'm saying the same thing to myself, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...the whole promise-making/trust aspect of Abraham's relationship with God seems so gracious..."

    I hadn't thought of the trust aspect of it. That's GOOD. I'm gonna use that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete