Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ramblings

Well, hello, Blog.  I haven't seen you in a while.  Earlier, I had a lot I was going to share with you, it was all planned out in my head, but now that I'm here, my mind is blank.


My reading-every-page-of-the-OT goal has been unfulfilled.  I continue with the lesson plans for Sunday school but haven't caught up in between.  I think I completely skipped Joshua (that was Melody's lesson).  I skimmed, though, and the killing continues.  And there was something at the end of Judges about a guy cutting up his concubine/wife into 12 pieces (after she had been gang-raped all night) and then sending a piece to each of the tribes of Israel as a warning (?).  I'm not sure.  Like I said, I just skimmed it.  (And I wonder who wrote the following OT chapters after Moses.  I'll have to Google that.  It still seems in Moses's style like maybe "he" wrote it, too).


Today I met with a member of the Stake presidency to renew my temple recommend.  He asked if I had a testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel.  I emphatically answered yes with flashes of OT stories in my head and realizing how much better my life with the Savior in it is.  I am so thankful for the gospel.  I look forward to moving on to the NT next year.  I hope to read each page of that.  I wonder if I will still be a Sunday school teacher by then.


We read about Ruth (the Moab who converted to the covenant).  She stayed with her MIL after the both of them became widowed.  I wonder why she didn't want to go back to Moab.  Did she come from an abusive family?  She loved her MIL who must have been a great example to her.  Maybe she felt the spirit while being with her.


I'm so tired right now.  I've read another book, Women, Food, and God, by Geneen Roth.  Good stuff.  I'm finding it interesting that my binging/overeating increased drastically during the times Moses shook my testimony.  I'm sure there are other correlations to my eating behavior.  This is just one I've observed.  Briefly, Geneen says, "...our relationship to food is an exact microcosm of our relationship to life itself...(and) God is not just in the details, god is also in the muffins, the fried sweet potatoes and the tomato vegetable soup.  God - however we define him or her - is on our plates," (p.2)


(Okay, I'm done.  I just fell asleep sitting up staring at the computer).  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment